Oct 17, 2009

A is for Andrea

You have all probably heard the saying "Sleep, social life, and good grades, pick 2 and welcome to college."
When my older siblings hit that point, I always just adjusted to them  never being home. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, I regret some of the things I am missing out on: like my little sister Andrea.
Once upon a time, 5-ish years ago, Andrea's best friend was gone for a whole summer so I decided to entertain her and keep her busy by teaching her how to read. Ever since that summer, we have made a habit of spending time together, even when I tell her to go away. Since I am gone/busy for 12 hours a day, we never really see each other. And I miss it. I even miss helping her with her homework and battling the "I'm bored" syndrome. I miss her and I haven't even moved away yet.

No comments: