Dec 27, 2010

Christmas of Course

Thanks for all of the thoughtful presents!
In honor of the Christmas pajama tradition started by Grandma Wood, Mom got us all t-shirts to open on Christmas Eve. I so kindly got pictures of everyone before they got ready on Christmas morning.







The highlights of the morning included skyping to see Steph, Joseph, and the little ones open their presents in Alabama. Garrett loved the "Digger Dog" from his Grandma Wood. Benjamin was the master wrapping ripper, in his own words: "Come on, come on, come on!"

Later we skyped again because Steph wanted to see my reaction to my parents' gift. I was afraid to disappoint them with an "Oh thank you. That's so sweet." But have no fear, I didn't even have to play up my shock and surprise. My mom and dad had seen that former President Bush was coming for the book signing at the Sandy Cosco. They saw it on the news the night before, so they made instant arrangements and had my mom leave immediately to go wait outside in the cold for 13 hours, buy the book, shake his hand, and absolutely make my Christmas with a signed copy. I'm so jealous of her meeting him, but I couldn't have gotten work off anyway. I'm pretty sure I have the best parents ever.

1 comment:

jAkE said...

only a Heather Wood could have made that much noise for getting a presidentially hancocked book.