Sep 14, 2011

Did You Know?

It only takes an 9.5 minute walk from my front door to my M-W-F classes, but 17 minutes to my T-Th classes.

It is possible to spend all day hiccuping, even in the silent library and between sentences while giving FHE tours at the BYU Museum of Peoples and Cultures.

It can take up to 3 visits and loads of phone calls to accomplish a 15 minute paperwork and fingerprinting process with Alpine School District. I love my home district, but it can be messed up sometimes.

It is possible to win in the game of roommate roulette. I went into a 6 girl apartment without knowing the girls, and I love them all!

It is also possible to love all your classes! I have Comparative World Religions, Modern Korean History, History of Science, and World Geography.

Did you know that God puts people in our life who genuinely care? I have the best bishop, the kindest principle/boss, the most positive co-workers, and supportive roommates and friends.

Sometimes I wonder why I was even hired to teach math, especially to my type of students, so I asked the ones who hired me. The principle said he liked my coaching experience and my positive attitude. The assistant principle said I've got that "It" that you can't teach a teacher. The supervising math teacher said she knew I could think on my feet and really care about my students. After a rough class I have to remind myself of those things. After a good class I am just walking on cloud 9 and start believing what they said.

It's also very possible to take on more than you can handle, or not handle your stress properly and develop stomach pains and complete loss of appetite and nausea and find yourself threatening to get emotional over the stupidest things. However, just when things were building to an unforeseen breaking point my friends, roommates, boss, and bishop all happened to want to talk to me about life. Solid counsel and healthier stress management has led to a return of appetite, easing of the stomach pains, and a more level-headed me - all in one week!

1 comment:

Kiera said...

are you taking the korean history class from Professor Larsen? Because if so, I LOVE that man. AWESOME professor. And we should talk about teaching someday. Keep your smile on your face, even if you think it's falling apart. :)