Jan 26, 2010

Bye Bye Little Boys

Warning-Long Post
A year ago our house felt pretty empty, with only four of us kids left at home. For our family that's empty. Then Joseph went off to military training and in moved Stephanie, Benjamin, and Garrett. The boys have grown and changed so much since they've been here. Benjamin used to avoid talking as much as possible. He could talk then, but now he hardly stops talking. Garrett can now blow raspberries and enjoys playing pat-a-cake. This morning we hugged and kissed them goodbye. I'm going to miss the little guys' hugs. Our house is going to be so empty without them. Thank goodness for web-cams because Alabama is just too far away.
I'm feeling a little nostalgic so here are some pictures of them that I took...

Benjamin was born while Becca and I were at girls camp. Our leader's cell phone rang and we heard the good news. We started laughing and crying in front of everyone.
We got to know Benjamin while babysitting him after school when Steph taught dance classes.
Benjamin's first snow angel
Benjamin's first birthday-he used to hate the birthday song.
When Garrett was born, Benjamin slept over at our house. This is him meeting Garrett for the first time.
Baby Garrett and Steph at the 4th of July parade in Provo
Baby Garrett wearing his bear suit at BYU's Homecoming parade
Benjamin pondering his choices mid-tantrum
When I took pictures for them at the Provo temple, Benjamin wouldn't come back and sit still for another family picture. So Joseph tackled him and we brought the family to him.

I feel like we just sent off another missionary. When both Corry and Jake were home, I thought we would be done sending people far away. I know people do this all the time, but I already miss them.

No comments: